Service /Commissioning Engineer (Automation)
Are you an experienced Commissioning Engineer with solid knowledge of high-end automation systems, within the shipbuilding sector? Then this could be your job!
In this role you will be responsible for the commissioning and servicing of offshore vessels automation systems. You will be involved in the service activities and will give support in the installation phase of the project.
Specific duties in this role:
- Handle the complete commissioning aspects for automation systems & installations during both dock and sea trials.
- You are also responsible for researching and correcting deficiencies.
- Ensuring that the (new) ships are completely operational.
- Producing progress reports for clients and management.
- Providing customer-support and onsite troubleshooting.
- In addition, traveling & working abroad will be a part of the job.
To be successful in this role it is important that you have excellent communication skills, a proactive attitude and being passionate about shipbuilding. We are looking for an ambitious engineer with an MBO/secondary education level, with a HBO/BSc thinking and working level in a relevant field of study. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Knowledge of automation software, including PLC/SCADA knowledge.
- Having a VCA-VOL certificate.
- Willing and able to travel abroad for short and long periods.
- A good command of English (oral and written).
Our client is a leading company in the development of custom-built & standard offshore vessels and special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherlands, but it operates worldwide. They are a reliable supplier because of their extensive experience in the innovation technology world.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent secondary benefits (a.o bonus scheme, holiday allowance)
- Full relocation support
- Working for an innovating & leading company
Apply directly and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me: Joost Wenteler 06-29578908 (WhatsApp)