Lead Mechanical Engineer Heavy Machinery
Are you the experienced Mechanical Engineer with extensive knowledge in design heavy offshore machinery but also capable in managing the budget and planning of projects? Do you want to work for a Dutch leading engineering firm specialized in marine and offshore related projects? If so, you just found your next career opportunity!
The Lead Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for engineering of heavy machinery and equipment for marine & offshore industry, leading the team and managing the projects. This position is based in Rotterdam area.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Estimation of the work and the amount of hours, preparing budgets and planning.
- Making designs and concepts of complex lifting equipment and mission equipment for marine & offshore.
- Performing strength calculations using FEM software but also by hand or using Excel.
- Leading a team of Engineers.
- Managing budgets and first point of contact for your clients and lead engineers from other disciplines.
- Developing and checking drawings within specifications.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with at least 5 years of relevant working experience in basic engineering for Heavy Machinery, familiar with detail design and strength calculations. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Experience in designing 2 and 3D and performing strength calculations and simulations.
- At least 5 years in a row experience in concept design heavy offshore machinery.
- Excellent command of English language (speaking& writing).
All nationalities are accepted for this position, however we only consider expats that fully meet or exceed the requirements.
Our client is an innovative engineering company specialized in Engineering for marine & offshore industry. The company is located in Rotterdam area. Contact me for all necessary details!
This is a challenging long-term job, so the company will invest in you and your personal & professional development. The salary is depending on your relevant work experience and education degree and could be up to 85K annually and additionally to this, you will have 38 holiday days and other interesting secondary benefits. If you are an international candidate and would like to relocate to the Netherlands, assistance regarding bureaucratic and tax related issues will be offered.
Are you the Lead Mechanical Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +31622357275, sending me a whatsapp message or an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV to my e-mail address. Your details will be treated confidentially!