Specialist Shock & Noise
Do you want to work in one of the most innovative maritime research departments in the Netherlands? Would you like to become a specialist in the field of underwater noise and shocks and the impact they have on the ship’s construction? We have a challenging opportunity for you!
In this position, you will be involved, together with the R&D team, in the developments of the projects concerning shock, underwater sound and inboard sound, in close collaboration with classifications and ship construction.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Functioning as an advisory body towards other R&D disciplines, Engineering and Services departments.
- Defining underwater noise and vibrations with regard to the internal and external ship construction.
- Perform vibration analyses or natural frequencies calculations.
- Maintaining contact with clients, structural engineers and regulatory bodies.
We are looking for an Engineer willing to develop in R&D projects and that has affinity with construction, noise and vibration for ships. Furthermore, the following requirements should be met in order to be successful in this job position:
- Having a BSc degree or MSc degree, preferably in Naval Architecture, Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering.
- Knowledge on underwater shock, inboard noise and underwater noise onboard ships.
- Experienced in relevant software tools, such as FEMAP or ANSYS.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
Our client is a company active in the shipbuilding industry. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
The company offers you all necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 38 holiday days per year. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities. Furthermore, we provide all assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
Are you the Specialist Shock & Noise that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job and send your CV at email@example.com. If you have any other questions before your application please contact Elena Olteanu at +316 3011 1222. Your information will be treated confidentially!
Please note this position is only open to EU citizens or those in possession of a Dutch work permit.
Applications from other nationalities will not be considered.