Do you have experience with structural development and design of new/modified equipment for on- and offshore? Would you like to be the new Structural Engineer involved in the whole development process from design to fabrication to commissioning? If you are also looking for a new long-term challenge, this is your opportunity!
As a Structural Engineer you will join a highly motivated and skilled Engineering Department based in Rotterdam area. The new Structural Engineer is responsible for the fundamental development and design of new and/or modified equipment for our client pipelay vessels. Your responsibilities will start from creating the conceptual design to fabrication, to commissioning, and you will be involved in the whole evolution process.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Examine and prepare project requirements for complex construction and equipment for on- and offshore purpose.
- Make design calculations and reports for all structural design work within scope, budget and schedule.
- Establish risks and consequences of the vessel or equipment connected to strength/stability/safety/class approval.
- Perform strength calculations using FEM analysis.
- Make plans and procedures.
We are looking for a candidate who can adapt quickly, and do everything necessary to get the job done. To make success happen you should meet the following requirements:
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical or similar.
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Go-getter with creative and analytical skills.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Interest to work offshore occasionally.
Our client is a global leader in their field and always pushing the limits of science and technology. They are experts in the execution of large and complex on- and offshore projects.
In response to the latest developments within this specific company we are looking for Engineers for temporary projects and for a permanent job positions. Your salary will depend on your years of relevant working experience. You will receive 24 + 6 extra days off. Travel allowance for commuter traveling is 0,19 net per km with a maximum of € 20,- net per worked day.
If you are interested in the position of Structural Engineer and you recognize yourself in the job description, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0040 215551190. You can ask for Costina Tapalaga.
+40 21 555 1190