Design & Proposal Engineer
Are you a commercial Engineer and would like to be responsible for the cost calculations and conceptual design of mechanical installations and shipbuilding for a market leader in the offshore industry? Read on!
As a D&P Engineer you will be responsible for the preparation of specifications and budgets for complex shipbuilding projects. You will work on the specifications for mechanical installations and general shipbuilding arrangements. You will work with different departments and third parties.
Specific duties in this role:
- Responsible for interpreting data from customers and internal departments.
- Preparing P&ID’s, specifications and budgets on the provided data for shipbuilding and mechanical installations.
- Defining the required materials, man hours and suppliers for the project.
- Evaluating tenders from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Processing all data for the creation of standards and calculation purposes.
For this position we are looking for an Engineer with commercial skills and affinity with developing new ideas/technologies. You are creative and you think about the first/conceptual stage of projects.
Furthermore we are expecting the following:
- Having a Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Shipbuilding or Marine Engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience in the maritime industry, within an engineering role.
- Experience with the drawing up of specifications and using 2D & 3D CAD software.
- You are familiar with the production processes of ships and mechanical installations.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company is based in the Netherlands but operates worldwide. They are a reliably shipbuilding and equipment building company because of their extensive experience in the offshore industry. Their employees are highly trained and experienced. Our client offers a great international working environment.
This a position for the long term and therefor the company will invest in your personal and professional development. The salary will depend on relevant working experience, being up to €4500,- gross a month. Besides this you will have 37 holiday days and travel allowance.
Joost Wenteler +31 6- 29578908