Electrical Power Systems Engineer
Do you have experience with complex electrical power systems in the shipbuilding, offshore or industrial field? Are you willing to travel once in a while? Check this role and contact us for more details!
In this position, you will be responsible for the design and functional development of complete electrical power systems on board of vessels. You will work closely with the propulsion system integration engineers for delivering a completely integrated propulsion system. You will be involved from the first project phase and support the commissioning department within the execution phase of the project.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Performing design and calculations for the proposal phase of the project.
- Compose technical/functional specification documents, particularly propulsion control and power management system specifications.
- Checking designs and the quality of subcontracted work.
- Performing cost analysis on received offers from subcontractors/suppliers with the purchase department.
- Offering support for producing and submitting proposals to customers.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer.
- Supporting the commissioning and installation activities on board.
We are looking for an Electrical Power Engineer with a broad experience in complex engineering projects. Engineers with experience in Shipbuilding, Offshore or Industrial projects are welcome.
Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- BSc or MSc in Electrical or Electromechanical Engineering or other technical discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer in the design and installation of complex electrical power systems, preferably related to electrical propulsion.
- Experienced in the design of propulsion control and power management systems.
- Experienced to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Having great communication skills in English. Speaking German is a strong asset.
- Willing to work in other locations and abroad.
Our client is a company active in the shipbuilding industry. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
The company offers you all necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 38 holiday days per year. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities. Furthermore, we provide all assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
Are you the Electrical Power Systems Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +316 3011 1222 or sending me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your details will be treated confidentially.
note this position is open only to EU citizens or those in possession of a
Dutch work permit.
from other nationalities will not be considered.