Do you have a technical background but experience related to cost estimation and finance? Would you like to work for an international company and be responsible for the estimation of challenging yacht building projects? We might be looking for you!
In this role you are part of the project development department and your main responsibility is to perform correct cost calculations for new projects identifying potential financial risks. You are an important link between the sales, engineering and production departments of our client. You advise on the optimization of current processes and you achieve cost reduction. This position is based in Rotterdam area.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Creating budgets and calculations for complete yachting projects.
- Identifying and indicating potential risks related to the tender, engineering and production phase.
- Supporting the proposal department with drawing up contracts and financial details.
- Budgeting for more/less work when the ships are in the construction phase of the projects.
We are looking for an Engineer with a technical background and experience with finance and cost estimating. We need you to be involved in the complete shipbuilding process and you will visit productions sites, stakeholders and subcontractors. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having at least a Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Mechanical engineering and/or business administration.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role in a production organization.
- Experience in the yacht building industry is an advantage.
- Ability to work with MS Office and excellent communication skills in English, both speaking and writing.
Our client is a leading company in the luxurious shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in the Netherlands. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
This is a long-term/permanent position in a well-known engineering company and you will receive a special training during the first period of your employment. The base salary will be set depending on your relevant working experience and level of education
This is a long-term/permanent position in a well-known engineering company and you will receive a special training during the first period of your employment. The base salary will be set depending on your relevant working experience and level of education.
Are you the Cost Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +4021 555 11 89 or sending me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to my e-mail address. Your details will be treated confidentially.