Hydraulics Engineer Shipbuilding
Would you like to work in innovative and high-tech new vessels? Do you have a good understanding of hydraulic systems and control systems? We are looking for a Hydraulics Engineer who can develop hydraulic systems installed in complex offshore vessels. This position in based in the area of Rotterdam.
As Hydraulics Engineer, you will be working in the discipline that develops all basic engineering for systems in the ships that the company builds. Your main task will be coordinating all engineering work related to hydraulic equipment, working closely with the Hydraulics expert sister company. Specific duties in this role:
- Designing hydraulic systems based on customer specifications at block diagram level.
- Creating switching diagrams.
- Working on functional descriptions for electrical control and hydraulic drive systems.
- Working together with experts, subcontractors and the client to create the best technical solutions.
- Integrating hydraulic systems in the ships and integrating the components in the hydraulic room.
- Producing hydraulic piping and instrumentation diagrams.
We are looking for an Hydraulics Engineer who likes to be involved in complex projects, managing the engineering and being the point of contact for different parties involved in projects. Strong communication and being able to communicate with different levels in the organization is important for this position. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having a BSc/MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Having experience with hydraulic systems in ships is a very big plus.
- Having knowledge of electrical control is preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language.
Our client is a leading company in the development of special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherlands, but it operates worldwide. They are a reliable supplier because of their extensive experience in the innovation technology world. Their employees are highly trained and experienced. Our client offers a great international working environment.
This is a long-term challenge, so the company will invest in you and your personal & professional development. You will receive a base salary according to your experience and capabilities. Besides this, you will have approx. 37 holiday days and other interesting secondary benefits.
Laura Popescu +31 6 22357275