Naval Architect (Yacht Building)
Are you an experienced Naval Architect in the yacht building sector? Would you like to design, develop and analyze engineering solutions for one of the best luxury yacht builders in the world? If so, you just found your next career opportunity!
We are looking for a Naval Architect who will be responsible for preliminary designs for challenging yacht projects. This position is based in the area of Amsterdam. Specific duties in this role include:
- Performing stability, propulsion, weight and strength calculations.
- Performing testing procedures related to the ship’s mission.
- Working closely with other discipline such as Project leader and the operating team.
- Supporting Design Engineers assuring compliance with class requirements and codes.
- Identifying all technical matters in order to make the specified requirements feasible.
We are looking for a Naval Architect with a Bachelor’s (BSc) or Master’s (MSc) degree in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering and at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Experience in Naval Architecture related issues: stability, hydrodynamics, propulsion.
- Experience with AutoCAD and stability and advanced calculation programs (FEM / CFD).
- Good command of English language, written and spoken.
- Experience in yacht building companies, broad interdisciplinary technical insight in yacht building.
You will work for the one of the top luxury yacht builders in the world!
- Long-term position at a leading company in the Yacht Building industry.
- Assistance with relocating to the Netherlands as well as with bureaucratic and tax related issues.
- Very competitive base salary, depending on your experience and capabilities.
- 38 days off per year.
- Travel allowance.
- 8% holiday allowance.
- Motivating bonus structure after the first year of employment.
- Excellent growth opportunities within the company.
Are you the Naval Architect (Yacht Building) that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions before your application please contact Mihai at +31 6 30 01 41 81 or +40 215 551 190.