Offshore Mechanical Equipment Engineer
Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer, preferably with offshore/dredging systems? Do you have extensive experience in 3D Modelling in the first engineering phase? Keep on reading!
In this position you will be responsible for basic mechanical engineering projects. You will develop designs for heavy offshore installations and equipment, used in the shipbuilding industry. In this position, customer requirements, safety, sustainability and efficiency are taken into account.
Your daily tasks include:
- Studying technical requirements from the customer related to products, quality and materials.
- Preparing 3D models of the equipment based on technical specifications.
- Performing weight calculations.
- Making a plan for the engineering work and determining the work that has to be outsourced.
- Discussing technical drawings with the Lead Engineer and third parties involved.
- Identifying bottlenecks in the process and making improvement suggestions.
For this position we are looking for a candidate who has relevant experience in the Offshore or Shipbuilding industry. Having experience with basic engineering is a must. You will be working in a big team of engineers, so strong communication skills in English are very important for this role.
Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- BSc or MSc degree Mechanical Engineering or other technical discipline.
- Highly experienced in the use of modern 2D and 3D design software.
- At least 3 years of relevant design experience within the Maritime field.
Our client is a leading company in the development of special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherland but it operates worldwide. They are a reliable supplier because of their extensive experience in the innovation technology world and the company offers a great international working environment. U-People has a strong relationship with the company for many years. They consult us to staff up high qualified technical teams for their projects worldwide.
- Great international working environment.
- Competitive salary.
- All other facilities needed to perform the job.
Are you the Basic Engineer that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job and send your CV and a short motivation to email@example.com. If you have any questions before your application, please contact Laura Popescu at +31 88 62 62 804 or send and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.