PLC Engineer / Automation Engineer
Are you an Automation Engineer / PLC Engineer with experience within the shipbuilding or yacht building industry? Are you looking for a broad technical position within a small, motivated team and at a driven and successful company? We have a great job for you!
As a PLC Programmer you get a lot of responsibilities. You design and build your control solutions for customers, and you resolve malfunctions in existing control solutions. You will work in our office or on board at the customer. Doing testing and commissioning is part of the job as a PLC Programmer.
Specific duties in this role include:
- You develop PLC software for ship’s installations independently and in a team.
- You translate customer wishes into working PLC software.
- You design and build software for HMI touchscreens.
- You design, configure and write software for frequency inverters and servo controllers.
- You help customers and service technicians to solve malfunctions.
- You carry out commissioning on location.
We are looking for PLC engineers with at least 2 years of experience in a similar job position. Furthermore, you meet the following
- Preferably BSc Electrical Engineering, Energy Technology or Industrial Automation.
- Experience with OMRON would be a big plus
- English in word and writing.
- Experience in the shipbuilding industry is desirable.
- Living in Rotterdam area or willing to move there
Our client is a well-known maritime supplier with an excellent reputation. You work together in a small but highly motivated team of colleagues on the most beautiful projects and you see how the designs are made in their own workshop. Do you want to know more about the company? Please give Joost a call and he will tell you all about it.
A very interesting long term job at a well-known company with interesting projects in ship building including challenging projects related to sustainable energy in the shipbuilding sector. We offer good salary conditions and 38 days paid leave and travel allowance of 0.19 cents per km. If you’re an expat from the EU or Turkey your welcome to apply. U-People is offering our full relocation support.
Are you the Automation Engineer that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job by sending your CV via the application button. If you have any questions before your application please contact Joost Wenteler at +31 (0)6 295 78908 You can send me a WhatsApp at all times! or send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org