Project Leader Shipbuilding / Naval Architect
Are you an experienced Shipbuilding Engineer with Project Management skills? Do you have experience in the shipbuilding industry and would you like to expand you experience to the yacht building industry? Do not hesitate applying for this interesting position.
In this position you will be responsible for the correct implementation and execution of the Shipbuilding Engineering activities. You are ensuring that technical information is available for the production and purchasing department and you will lead the Work Preparation Engineers and the Draftsmen.
This company has an engineering office and a shipyard. In this position you are an essential link between the two. You connect the engineering packages to the integration on board and will report to the Manager Shipbuilding Engineering.
Specific duties in this role:
- Coordinating the project team, ensuring a good planning, capital and materials.
- Preparing information packages for the purchasing and production department.
- Ensuring that everything is executed confirm the classification rules.
- Weekly meetings with the Project Leaders of other disciplines.
- Contact with suppliers and contractors for supplies of various installations.
For this position we expect you to have extensive knowledge about the mechanical system on board of ships. You have working experience as a Draftsman or Engineer and you have experience with planning software (MS Projects). Furthermore you meet the following requirements:
- Having a Bachelor in Shipbuilding or Naval Architecture.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Shipbuilding Engineer in the shipbuilding industry.
- You have experience as a Project Manager in a production environment.
- You have excellent communication skills in English and preferably in Dutch.
- You are already living in the Netherlands.
- You have experience in the yacht building industry.
Our client is a prestigious Dutch Yacht building company with an excellent reputation. They design, engineer and build luxurious aluminium and steel yachts and they are a market leader. The company has around 400 employees and they present a great working environment.
This is not a project-based position, so the company will invest in you and your personal & professional development. The base salary for this position depends on you experience and capabilities. You will have a Dutch contract including a lot of secondary benefits.