Sr. Electrical Engineer (Shipbuilding)
Are you an Electrical Engineer and do you have a strong affinity with the shipbuilding industry? Would you like to work for the most innovative projects in the shipbuilding market? Keep on reading!
In this position you will be responsible for the correct execution of the Engineering activities related to electrical & automation systems. This is for the full engineering process from concept to basic and detailed engineering. You will support other departments with the review of electrical (system) designs and component choices delivered by suppliers. This position is based in Rotterdam area. Specific duties in this role include:
- Contributing to the engineering processes by reviewing specifications, functional descriptions, drawings and plans.
- Coordinating subcontractors and checking the quality of work.
- Giving support during the commissioning phase of projects.
- Having technical meetings with clients, classification societies, suppliers and other third parties.
- Being actively involved in maintaining the electrical research portfolio and carrying out research projects individually or with others.
For this position we are looking for an Engineer with extensive knowledge in the field of electrical drive systems. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum five years of experience as Electrical Engineer.
- Good knowledge about ship propulsion, marine system integration and electrical drive systems.
- Having great communication skills in English.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in The Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
The company offers you all necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 37 holiday days per year. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities. Furthermore, we provide all assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
Are you the Electrical Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +31 6 3011 1222 or sending me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to my e-mail address. Your details will be treated confidentially.