Technical Subcontract Manager (Electrical)
Would you like to be the technical linchpin in large projects? And do you have experience in writing technical specifications and be the first point of contact for subcontractors? We might be looking for you!
In this position you inform and guide subcontractors of specific ship systems (for example sensor, navigation, communication and weapon systems). During the project, you will be the technical linchpin in the project. You convert client requirements into technical specification and play an important role in the Quotation Request phase. You assess the incoming proposals and advice the project team. After a contract has been given to a supplier, you are responsible for the flawless execution of the project. You guide and coordinate the subcontractor during all stages of the project. You keep an eye on the contractual milestones and play an important role in the integration of these specific ship systems.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Convert client requirements into technical specification.
- Deliver the technical specifications to the suppliers.
- Evaluate the incoming proposals.
- Guide and support the subcontractors during all project stages, including tests and trials.
- Initiate and participate in review meetings.
We are looking for an ambitious engineer with a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Electrical or Systems Engineering. Furthermore, the following requirements should be met:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in subcontract management of complex systems.
- Commercial attitude and broad engineering knowledge.
- Able to communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
Our client is a company active in the shipbuilding industry. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
Since this is a long-term position, the company will invest in your personal & professional development. In case you live outside of the Netherlands, we will assist you in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with administrative and tax related issues. The salary will be based on your degree and work experience and will be between €4000 and €5800. Contact me for all the details!
Are you the Technical Subcontract Manager that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions before your application, please contact Hendrik de Widt at +31 6 2239 6497.
Your details will be treated confidentially!